Plans & Planning Assistance
Unfortunately, school related safety incidents are not uncommon. Every day in Idaho schools, students and staff have to contend with a variety of threats and vulnerabilities. School safety plans provide the framework for responses that ensure the safety of all students and staff. Team-based planning and an all-hazards approach provide for the most efficient use of resources and the best chances for everyone to emerge from an incident safely.
In many cases, school administrators need assistance in working through the pre-planning assessment, the planning process itself and eventually developing a training and exercises program to test the effectiveness of the overall planning effort. Security Analysts are made available to school administrators, district officials and school board members to help facilitate the planning process. The overall goal is to craft a plan individually suited to the school's specific threat profile, response capabilities and operations.
- K-12 Guide for Developing High-Quality School Emergency Operations Plans 2013
- Guide for Developing High-Quality Emergency Operations Plans for Institutions of Higher Education 2013
- Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools (REMS) EOP Interactive Tool
- Multi-Hazard Emergency Planning for Schools Toolkit Menu 2016
- A Guide to School Vulnerability Assessments -U.S. Department of Education – Key Principles for Safe Schools 2008
- Practical Information on Crisis Planning – U.S. Department of Education 2007
- Safe School Initiative – Implications for the prevention of school attacks in the U.S. 2004
To make an appointment with a regional School Safety Analyst email us at email@example.com.