School districts have a variety of both general and specific training needs, in the past this need has been filled through paid consultants or local subject matter experts. The Idaho Office of School Safety and Security is a free training resource to all public and charter schools in the State of Idaho. The Office leverages a network of security analysts and subject matter experts to provide training opportunities in communities with limited resources or accessibility. Close coordination between schools and local emergency responders is a critical element of effective school safety plans. The Office encourages joint training and exercises between districts and local response agencies.
- IS 100 SCa – Incident Command for Schools 2013
- IS 362a – Multi-Hazard Planning for Schools 2013
- IS 360 – Preparing for Mass Causality Incidents A Guide for Schools, Higher Education and Houses of Worship 2013
- Department of Homeland Security – Active Shooter Preparedness - Menu 2016
- FEMA Incident Command System Resource Center - 2016